Department of General Surgery is the core strength of Shashwat hospital.
All the surgeons are well versed with variety of endoscopies & complex laparoscopic surgeries. The operation theatres are fully equipped to do variety of videoendoscopic procedures & tertiary level laparoscopic surgeries.
- Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP, Bronchoscopy
- ERCP: for removal of stone in common bile duct. Stenting of bile duct.
- Variceal banding & sclerotherapy for Oesophageal varices.
- Removal of foreign body in oesophagus & bronchus.
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG): for feeding the patients who have difficulty in swallowing either due to cancer or disease of nervous system.
- Oesophageal stenting: Palliative procedure for cancer of oesophagus
- Bronchial stenting: for cancer of bronchus
- Dilatation for stricture of oesophagus & pylorus. (lower end of stomach)
Laparoscopic surgery for:
- Removal of appendix
- Removal of gall bladder (Cholecystectomy)
- Hiatus hernia
- Rectopexy (For prolapsed of rectum)
- Achalazia cardia
- Nephrectomy (removal of kidney)
Cancer surgery: Open or laparoscopy assisted.
|Monday & Wednesday||11.30 To 2.30||8.00 To 9.00||Dr. P. S. Karmarkar|
|Tuesday, Saturday||11.30 To 2.30||————–|
|Thursday||1:00 To 2:30||8:00 To 9:00|
|Friday||11:30 To 2:30||8:30 To 9:30|
|Monday, Wednesday & Friday||————–||9.00 To 9.30||Dr. Bahar Kulkarni|
|Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday||————–||8.00 To 8.30|
|Monday & Saturday||11:15 To 12:30||————–||Dr. Abhijeet Karve|